Ascension Game Mode Explained:
All matchmaking battles (3v3) take place in a King of the Hill style game mode. By winning a game, you will permanently gain Fame and collect Bounties from your fallen opponents, all while ascending to the next stage of the pyramid to reach the Arena of Kings.
Arena of Kings Explained (coming soon)
The two teams with the highest bounties fight at the top of the pyramid in an exclusive battle to claim the Arena of Kings. This special arena is globally exclusive to the two teams competing on it at that time. Winning a battle in the Arena of Kings yields tremendous rewards and your party members are globally announced to the world’s chat system as a token of your victory.
Losing a battle in Ascension will reset your party’s win streak + bounty (you don’t lose Fame or Silver when defeated) and you will be bounced back to the Lobby. While your team is playing in Ascension you cannot swap out any spells. Changes to your Spell Bar can only be made in the lobby screen, where your team can make adjustments then jump right back into the action when ready. Upon queueing for Ascension your party will be placed at the bottom of the pyramid since you’re coming in with a fresh “run”.
Fame Ranks Explained:
Permanently gain Fame for winning a battle in Ascension. The amount of Fame rewarded increases proportionally to your party’s win streak. Fame Ranks are automatically awarded (based on total Fame) upon reaching pre-set milestones. For example, (Fame Rank 2) Journeyman unlocks when reaching 25 Fame. You can never lose Fame.
All Fame Ranks can be downloaded here.
• Sudden Death no longer ticks damage on the first 2 stages. Damage amplification increased per stage by 5%.
• Blind now reduces all power by 20%.
• Poison can no longer be removed as a slowing effect.
• Bleeding, Burning, Infection, and Poison now deal damage when re-applied.
• Annihilate no longer deals 5% of targets max health as damage. now deals 1.5% max health for each Status Ailment on target enemy. If used while in Stealth deals 200-400. No longer is a guaranteed critical strike when used out of stealth.
• Bandage now breaks upon receiving 500 damage (up from 0).
• Dash now speed bonus reworked to 30% fading haste over duration. Now generates 4 energy every second.
• Daze Stealth bonus now stuns target for 2.1 – 3.1 based on how long Stealth has been active.
• Disappearing Act now grants Empowered Stealth, providing 100% effectiveness of abilities that are benefited by Stealth.
• Stealth has been changed to increase the effectiveness of abilities that are benefited by Stealth by 12.5% every second the Assassin was Stealthed. Stealth now breaks on receiving 500 damage (down from 1000). Cooldown reduced from 20 to 15 seconds.
• Shadow Walk cooldown increased from 18 to 20 seconds. No longer reduces armor by 35%, now increases damage taken by 8%.
• Slap Stealth bonus now silences target for 1 to 3 seconds if target player was interrupted. No longer applies Bleeding.
• Slash Stealth bonus now roots target for 2.5 to 3.5 seconds.
• Temple Strike Stealth bonus now Incapacitates target for 2.6 – 3.6 based on how long Stealth has been active.
• Whirling Knives cooldown increased from 0 to 6 seconds. Bleeding duration increased from 2 to 4 seconds. Damage increased from x to 1440. Does not break Stealth.
• New Ability Armor Break: Deals 1057 Physical damage and applies Armor Break for 6 seconds, lowering Armor by 15% (Stacks up to 3 times). Costs 25 Rage, 3 second cooldown.
• Sprint speed bonus reworked to 25% fading haste over duration. Healing increased from 796 to
• Whirlwind cooldown increased from 5 to 8. Rage cost increased from 30 to 40. Damage dealt increased from 724 per instance to 1049.
• Windstorm cast range reduced from 80 to 65.
• Depravity now interrupts. Upon successful interrupt burns 376 mana + 4% of current mana. Cast time reduced from 1.0 to instant. Cooldown increased from 8 to 16 seconds. Ignores global cooldown.
• Exhaustion reduces power by 3% every second and applies a 90% fading snare. Lasts 10 seconds. Cooldown reduced from 18 to 5 seconds.
• Terrify duration increased from 2.0 to 2.2 seconds. cast range reduced from 80 to 65.
• Aegis has been reworked. Now provides immunity to the next incoming crowd control spell and reduces all damage taken by 10%. Lasts 8 seconds. Cooldown reduced from 30 to 20. Instant cast and usable on allies.
• Dream of Prosperity proc delay added (300ms internal cooldown). No longer has a minimum damage threshold to proc a bounce. Max range reduced from 100 to 65 yards. Healing done increased from 926 to 1261.
• Chaos Wave cooldown increased from 0 to 25 seconds. Cast time reduced from 1.25 to Instant. Now applies Fear for 2.8 seconds. Heals the Nihilist for 100% of the damage dealt.
• Infuse bonus healing per Orb reduced from 40% to 20% (effectiveness reduced by 4% for each additional Orb active).
• Mind Leech cooldown reduced from 6 to 0 seconds. Damage per second increased from 213 to 243. Cast time increased from 0 to 0.75.
• Orb Of Absolution cooldown increased from 8 to 12 seconds.
• Orb Of Replenishment cooldown increased from 1 to 6 seconds. Duration reduced from 20 to 8 seconds.
• Orb Of Smoke cooldown increased from 6 to 8 seconds.
• Orb Of Wisdom cooldown increased from 16 to 18 seconds.
• Rockslide radius reduced from 20 to 18 yards.
• Siphon Mana tooltip error: Says it removes 8% of current mana every second. (could be 0.8%?)
• Your team can only have one orb type active at a time.
• Angelic Strike has been reworked: Cooldown reduced from 12 to 0 seconds. Now has a 15% chance to apply 1 of the following: Stuns target enemy for 0.8 seconds. Mana cost increased from 220 to 250 Heals you for 5% of your maximum health, deals 585 true damage.
• Blazing Slash mana cost increased from 235 to 265.
• Sigil: Crusaders Fury now also has a 20% chance to deal double damage. Mana cost increased from 220 to 325. Cooldown reduced from 18 to 15 seconds. Duration increased from 6 to 15 seconds.
• Sigil: Heaven’s Guidance now also increases Magic Resistance by 135.
• Sear mana cost increased from 240 to 270. Now is off global cooldown.
• Wrath of Heaven cast time reduced from 1.25 to Instant. Cooldown increased from 0 to 15 seconds. Damage increased from 984 to 1246. Burning duration increased from 2 to 3. Mana cost increased from 175 to 275.
• aether shot now deals 171 damage and burns 30 mana every time affected player casts an ability.
• Nightmare Shot cooldown reduced from 20 to 16. Duration reduced from 2 to 1.8.
• Armageddon: Fixed a bug causing Armageddon to not apply burning.
• Ethereal Bindings no longer banishes. Now roots. Cast time reduced from 1 second to instant. Ethereal Bindings cast range reduced from 100 to 65.
• silence cast time increased from instant to 0.75 seconds. Now applies Silence to target player for 3.3 seconds. 30 second cooldown. 65 yard range.
• Transfer life no longer applies a buff. Now Heals for an additional 187 when cast on yourself, otherwise transfers 3% of current health to target ally. Mana cost increased from 320 to 335.
• Magic Missiles: Bonus damage increased from 665 to 781.
• Ice Spikes movement slow changed from 66% to a 90% fading snare. Cast range reduced from 80 to 55 yards.
• Counterspell cast range reduced from 80 to 65.
• Sheepify cast range reduced from 80 to 65.
• Shock Nova cooldown increased from 2 to 5. Shock is now guaranteed to apply.
• Volcanic Eruption now only applies Stun to targets that are Burning. Stun duration increased from 1.0 to 1.2 seconds.