Minor Changes and Quality of Life Improvements
• Spectating a game no longer requires a client reload.
• You can now use your mousewheel to scroll through the list of players in a channel.
• You can now use your mousewheel to scroll through chat messages in the lobby.
• Sudden Death no longer tints the screen red. This was making some spells illegible in the arena which was detracting from gameplay. Players have adequate notifications for Sudden Death stages, so the red tint shouldn’t be needed anymore.
• Hotkey to open vendor is now V. Functionality improved to be more intuitive on the opened UI elements.
• Hotkey to open Inventory/Stash (bags) is now B or I. Functionality improved to be more intuitive on the opened UI elements.
• ESCAPE now provides intuitive functionality in the Lobby. For example, closing Inventory, Stash, a linked item, a dialog box, a chat message, etc.
• The Lobby chat text field loses focus when setting a new keybind.
• You can now link items from Stash.
• You can now link items currently equipped on your character.
• While in-game you can click item links instantly instead of requiring the chat to be toggled open.
• After linking an item the text field becomes active.
• Spectator camera speed increased.
• When holding down shift to link an item you can no longer accidentally drag or pickup the item.
• Fixed several bugs related to item linking, overall it should feel much more functional and responsive. You can now link items in whispers.
We’re bringing the damage down on some of the frontrunner classes to give healers more breathing room. We also want to make more room for a crowd controlling playstyle to be more meaningful. Currently if you aren’t attacking constantly then you are missing out on too much value. Simply training healers for a minute straight shouldn’t be so effective – we want crowd control to be the required nail in the coffin. At the same time, crowd control effects should be calculated and using the cooldown should be consequential. Healers aren’t allowed to bring damage or offensive utility abilities since they are constantly under too much pressure.
Having all friendly cleanses apply a buff that cleansed again in the future didn’t play well. Debuffs were being removed seemingly randomly without a visual cue and it resulted in a lower skill cap since cleanses needed to have a longer cooldown to compensate for their effectiveness. That said, we want to keep this “buffing” philosophy alive on Elder and Remedy will remain unchanged.
• Daze when used with 0 Combo Points now applies a short Stun.
• Whirling Knives now generates 1 Combo Point if an enemy was hit. It always felt like there was 1 combo point missing due to Annihilate generating 2 combo points.
• Puncture and Slash damage have been lowered slightly.
• lacerate and Whirlwind damage have been lowered slightly.
Allies shouldn’t die when an Elder has mana .. but it will cost you in the longrun.
• Corrosive Asp cooldown reduced from 8 to 6 seconds. Cast time reduced from 1 to 0.75 seconds.
• Ritual ticks on yourself are increased by double. To help deal with enemies training you endlessly.
• Symbiosis cooldown reduced from 8 to 6 seconds.
• Revitalize base amount healed increased by 6%. Mana cost increased from 360 to 380.
• Parasite life stolen per tick increased from 3% to 3.5%.
• Terrify duration increased from 2.0 to 2.2 seconds. Cooldown reduced from 8 to 7 seconds.
• Inflame is now dispelable. Duration reduced from 11 to 8 seconds.
• Aegis was only providing 20% damage reduction. It has been increased to match it’s tooltip of 30% damage reduction.
• Blackout duration increased from 1.8 to 2.0 seconds.
• Blessing of the Sun and Moon mana cost reduced from 280 to 255.
• Cosmic Infusion mana cost reduced from 280 to 0.
• Healing Vision self heal increased by 15%.
• Chaos Wave cooldown reduced from 25 to 20 seconds.
• Infuse mana cost reduced from 290 to 275.
• Lingering Demise cooldown reduced from 12 to 10 seconds.
• Orb of Absolution mana cost reduced from 175 to 150.
• Orb of Replenishment mana cost reduced from 250 to 175.
• Orb of Smoke mana cost reduced from 200 to 125.
• Orb of Wisdom base mana restored per tick increased from 50 to 75.
• Shadow Affinity mana cost reduced from 345 to 315.
With the following changes we’re specifically targeting hybrid paladins (too strong) and buffing the full healing paladin build (too weak).
Hybrids should be a viable playstyle, however the amount of utility, healing, and value this build provides a team is simply too strong. By switching to ‘heal mode’ (during enemy burst windows) pressure is significantly dampened (which is the purpose of playing a hybrid) however there is no real downside. You are still able to output lots of pressure since Stream of Light was off the global cooldown, and being able to Purify a healer to dispel multiple times when they were in trouble is life-saving, and these great value tools don’t cost a lot of mana. On top of that, the damage output with a hybrid spell bar was outshining full dps builds from other classes.
• Seal of the Crusader mana cost increased from 100 to 300. Duration and cooldown increased from 30 to 60 seconds. No longer ignores global cooldown. Mainly for quality of life, but requires you to weave in a global cooldown eventually.
• Seal of the Heavens now reduces your total Power by 20%. Increases healing done by 65% (up from 20%). Mana cost increased from 100 to 300. Duration and cooldown increased from 30 to 60 seconds. No longer ignores global cooldown. These changes should bring up solo healer paladin and make Hybrid paladin have a damage downside should they choose to bring this seal.
• Rite of Passage now heals per tick again (same numbers as prior patch).
• Stream of Light is no longer off global cooldown. Mana cost reduced from 260 to 220.
• Purify no longer applies a buff. Now removes 1 Status ailment and 1 Debuff, healing for each effect cleansed. Cooldown reduced from 11 to 7 seconds.
• Life Burst now applies 2 charges. Amount healed reduced by ~30%.
• Rite of Passage now heals per tick again (same numbers as prior patch).
• Transfer Life base heal increased by 5%. Mana cost increased from 295 to 310.
• Gospel of Defiance duration reduced from 3 to 2 seconds. Cooldown increased from 8 to 12 seconds.
• Gospel of Harmony amount healed per tick reduced by 20%.
• Gospel of Purity no longer applies a global dispelling buff for 2 seconds. Cooldown reduced from 15 to 12 seconds. This ability didn’t require much thought and was extremely overpowered.
• Counterspell now applies a 1 second Silence if the target is not casting.
• Crystallize now restores 65% of missing Health and Mana (up from 40%).
• Frostbolt can no longer apply Chill if it had been upgraded to a Freeze proc. This was on the tooltip but wasn’t implemented. Basically this prevents perma freezing from spamming just Frostbolt.
• Teleport cooldown reduced from 15 to 10 seconds. Mana cost increased from 200 to 400.
• Fixed a bug that caused items to appear as highlighted and lootable when they were reserved for another player. This specifically affected Epic and Legendary items.
• Fixed a bug that locked your mouse/keyboard when alt tabbing or changing tabs during the cinematic stage of a new game.
• Fixed a bug with long chat messages that weren’t splitting into 2 lines properly, which was resulting in inconsistent line indenting and text overlapping.
• Fixed a bug that caused a Client crash when linking and moving an item in rapid succession.
• Spectating games no longer causes black boxes in the lobby which required a client reload to fix.
• Spectating games no longer causes a client crash after joining a new game.
• Fixed several bugs related to stale item links.
• Rich item links are preserved after linking and deleting other item links in a chat message.
• When deleting any item link in a message the link will be removed as a chunk (the entire item link) instead of individual characters responding to the backspace functionality.
• The Mystic target dummy in Training Grounds now sits in place healing itself instead of auto following you.
• When invited to an Arena Team your Inventory and Stash will close so you can see the notification.
• You can no longer ‘click through’ your Inventory to accept or decline an Arena Team invitation, Party Invitation, or interacting with a player menu from a channel.
• Fixed a bug with incorrect/mismatched chat coloring scheme for your current channel (ex: party coloring in a whisper message).
• Fixed a bug when linking an item that caused subsequent text to be white in color instead of your specific channel coloring scheme.
• Gray items are now linked with gray coloring in the channel instead of white.
• Fixed a bug with incorrect/mismatched chat header scheme for your current channel (ex: displays party header but not actually typing in party).
• Fixed several bugs related to the event of right clicking a player in the channel to create a whisper message.
• There is no longer a strange debug message when joining an arena team.
• Fixed a bug that prevented you from being able to right click a Channel in the Lobby.
• Fixed a bug that caused a whisper message to begin when selecting a menu item after right clicking a player in a channel.
• Meditate is no longer hard bound to Z after you change your keybind. This was causing issues with AZERTY keyboards.
• Fixed a bug that prevented items from being moveable after being bounced out of Ascension.
• Fixed a bug that auto queued a party for another match after being bounced out of Ascension.
• Fixed a bug that prevented Satchels of Treasure from being openable.
• You can no longer sell Satchels of Treasure. Previously if you sold one to the Vendor there was no visual feedback and the item still appeared in your inventory despite it being destroyed.
• Fixed a bug that caused text from long messages to write over the SEND button in Lobby chat.
• Clicking item links when in-game and the chat was hidden/faded no longer causes the tooltip to pop up.
• Linking an item in-game without the text field open was causing the channel header to not be displayed.
• When pressing escape to clear the chat in-game you could still activate (the invisible) chat box.